Happy Birthday Ian!






Ian turned ONE on January 19, 2010 and we had a blast celebrating day after day. We had his official birthday party at our house on January 17. Ian was in rare form as he soaked up the attention he received from family and friends. He was hesitant to dive into his birthday cake and was NOT happy about wearing his birthday hat at all. Ian was too enthralled with his guests to open presents so Fred had to do it for him. Our living room now looks like a display room at Toys 'R Us, but Ian's happy and enjoying his new toys. It was a bit nostalgic hosting his one-year birthday party. It didn't seem too long ago that I was holding him on my chest only seconds after he was born. My mom used to say "It's been a joy watching you grow up," and now I understand where that statement comes from. Ian has brought unconditional love, joy, and peace into our home and hearts that goes beyond understanding or even explanation. Happy Birthday, little man. It's a joy watching you grow up...

5 comments:

  1. SO sweet! I thought that when I was watching Mark at his first birthday and now he is about to be two! I can't believe how fast he grows..
    I'm glad Ian had a wonderful 1st birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pictures!!! He even wore his hat!! The perfect little birthday boy:) Glad it was a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Alison, I love that the Lord brought you to Amarillo. Ian is just precious and here's to another wonderful year with him and all the joy it brings. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with your cake, Ian!!! Love the cake pics- so, so sweet! Alison, I cried at both Daniel & Laura Ann's first bday parties & still tear up every party when Happy Birthday starts! Time is flying! Glad he had a fun party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing the pictures of Ian! I can't believe he is 1!

    Happy Birthday Ian!

    ReplyDelete