Weekend with Daddy

So...I survived my first night away from Ian EVER! I spent a wonderful weekend in Canadian, TX with the women's ministry leaders at Amarillo South Church and left Fred and Ian to their own devices. I wasn't concerned...after going over Ian's eating and napping schedule, what to feed him, when to put him to bed, who he could hang out with (Fred had a ministry social that Ian was attending)...In all honesty, I missed him dearly but enjoyed having time away with women who inspire me and who are encouraging me so greatly in my walk with Christ. We attended a conference with Sheila Walsh, an amazing speaker who is part of the Women of Faith conferences and stayed at an old farm house (in the middle of nowhere, which is serious business when living in the Texas Panhandle) that was featured in the movie "Castaway." I'm so thankful to have a husband who loves being a daddy! You were great with Ian this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you, Alison! Glad you got a little break! LOVE Sheila Walsh. I've heard her speak before at a Women of Faith conference & she is great. Laura Ann loves all of her Gigi books too!

    ReplyDelete